Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 80

It's been many, many days since I wrote anything. Sometimes that happens... but I wrote a new poem tonight, so here goes.

Autumn Returns

He stands behind me and envelops me in warmth
His arms wrapped tightly around my torso
The heat of his breath on my neck tingles down my body,
And I shiver though not cold

Surrounded by the wind, he holds me tightly
As autumn sings a song of crisp nights best spent in a lover's embrace
We're awash in a shower of golden leaves and gently falling raindrops
The chill of the drizzle on my flesh sharply contrasts with the fire of his lips on mine

My eyes fill with tears, not of sorrow but delight
The joy of love as pure as always, yet richer with the passage of time
The moment as enchanted as those of years long past
His breath on my neck, his lips on my own more thrilling as that first night

(Dedicated to my amazing, beloved husband... I am a better person because of his love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment