Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 25

She stands beyond the door I've closed,
a wistful, longing look upon her face
It touches me and toughens me
It frightens me and reassures me

She cannot open the door,
though she tries in vain
I hold the key, clenched tightly in my fist
Which I press against my chest

She waits with patience I do not possess
I cannot answer the questions in her eyes
I want her warmth, I want her love
I miss her sweetness, I long for her touch

The knowledge awakens fear
Too terrified to trust even myself,
let alone the poetry that slides easily off her tongue
The poetry that dances past lips I ache to kiss

I know I must decide
Do I take the risk of being hurt?
Dare I throw my heart at her feet
with nothing but the hope that she will not crush it?

She stands beyond the door I've closed
I wrestle with my wounded pride
I battle demons caused by words
And hope she will not walk away down the empty road

No comments:

Post a Comment